Digital Marketing Should Be The Cornerstone Your Real Estate Marketing Strategy
Digital marketing for Realtors is not only important, it has really become the cornerstone of a successful Real Estate Marketing program. As we begin a new year, the statistics speak for themselves.
The National Association of Realtors Report 2016 states that:
- Among nearly all generations of home buyers, the first step taken was to look online for properties. Thirty-eight percent of buyers were 35 and younger, 43 percent aged 36 to 50, 47 percent aged 51 to 60, and 53 percent of buyers aged 61 to 69 looked online for properties for sale. The first step that was taken by 70 to 90 year old buyers was to contact a real estate agent.
- As a result of an internet home search, buyers most often walked through the home that they viewed online. Eighty-seven percent of all buyers found photos and 84 percent found detailed information about properties for sale very useful. The most important website feature to buyers 35 years and younger, 36 to 50 years, and 61 to 69 years was photos at 88 percent, 90 percent, and 82 percent respectively.
- Searching online continues to be the first step that most buyers took. Real estate agents remain a vital part of the home search process, and are the second most frequently used information source for younger home buyers and the most frequently used information source for Younger Boomers, Older Boomers, and Silent Generation buyers. Compared to last year, Older Boomer and Silent Generation buyers continued to search for eight weeks. The search time increased for Gen X buyers and decreased for Millennial buyers. - National Association of Realtors Report - Home Buyer and Seller Generational Trends Report 2016
This information tells us that the vast majority of home buyers begin their search online and are strongly influenced by the photos and information found in online listings.
With that information in our back pocket the next step is to determine the trends are that businesses are using to be found online.
Going Mobile and Local
Here are some stats to whet your appetite worth noting in regards to the growing impact of mobile and local search are tied together.
- 72% of consumers who did a local search visited a store within five miles. (WordStream, 2016)
- 30% of mobile searches are related to a location. (Google, 2016) (Source: https://www.hubspot.com/marketing-statistics)
- More Google searches take place on mobile devices than on computers in 10 countries including the U.S. and Japan. (Google, 2015) (Source: https://www.hubspot.com/marketing-statistics)
The take away from this is that you need to make sure both your mobile game (mobile version of your website, mobile targeted ads, and local SEO) are up and running. Mobile is how people are searching for products and services - don't miss out on this game.
Targeted Content Marketing
As content marketing become more and more prevalent content needs to be created specifically for a target audience.
Before creating any content, take the time to define your target audience.
The best way to do this is to create buyer personas. The more specific you can get about who you are trying to attract - the better your content will be at converting visitors into customers.
What Are Buyer Personas and Why Do I Need Them? How Buyer Personas Drive Inbound Marketing Success
Video is becoming more and more important as a form of online advertising. Native video plays well on platforms like Facebook and Instagram, and YouTube continues to grow as a place where people go to get their information.
Video home tours have been in use for a while but consider branching out and using this popular media for other aspects of your business such as a video blog or market updates.
Remember to keep videos brief when sharing on social media platforms. Attention spans can be short so stay under one minute when sharing. Longer videos are fine on your own website or YouTube channel.
Videos that you share on social media are meant to attract the attention of possible customers to get them to your website. Once they are there, the chances are better that they will be interested in a longer or more involved video.
Data, data, data and more data is a pivotal piece of your online presence. You can create all kinds of content, ads and videos but if you don’t know how they are performing than you might as well be throwing money out the window.
At a minimum you need to have Google analytics setup correctly to track as much data as possible.
Want to learn more about data and what you should be looking at? What is the Best Marketing Data for Your Business?
Digital marketing should be the cornerstone of any real estate marketing strategy. Look to broaden your digital presence this year and always refer back to your analytics to determine what is working and where your focus should be.
Breezy Hill Marketing is a Vermont Web Design and Marketing Company. We provide Realtor Marketing Services including Realtor Web Design and Social Media Marketing to clients in Vermont and throughout the United States. We love to develop custom, expert, digital marketing strategies for our real estate clients!