Inbound Marketing is a powerful way to connect with your audience, drive traffic to your website, and increase revenue.
Where should you be focusing when implementing inbound marketing? If you're just getting started, it might seem overwhelming. These four key components of a successful inbound marketing program are a good place to start.
Who is your audience, really? Identifying the members and traits is an important part of your entire marketing process, and you should be looking for details like:
- Demographics: What are the characteristics of your audience? Consider things like age, gender, ethnicity, parenthood, income bracket, recreational activities, goals, and anything else that may play a factor in their worldview and purchasing decisions.
- Finances: What is your ideal customer willing to spend? What could make your product more attractive to their budget? Do customers fall into significantly different groups, such as one-time buyers and repeat customers? Which part of your audience offers the greatest financial returns?
- Location: Where is your audience actually located? Do you need them to be physically close to one of your stores, or can they order from anywhere in the country? How does their location affect your costs (such as shipping products to them and selecting where to put warehouses)?
- Need: What are your customers' needs and how can you fulfill them? Are you a niche market that can target to a small group or do you need to connect with a broad audience and stand out from the crowd?
Truly understanding your audience will help you define the voice and message you'll be using throughout your advertising. If you're not sure how to find out the traits of your audience, visit our post on the best marketing data for your business.
Creating Buyer Personas is key to understanding your audience. How Buyer Personas Drive Inbound Marketing Success
2) Valuable Content
What kind of material will help, attract, and convert your audience into customers? Valuable content, of course.
Truly valuable content is something that helps a visitor and subsequently establishes you as a trusted source. Perhaps you're answering a question they have, showing them how to get something done, or giving them the special bargain they've been looking for.
There are many kinds of valuable content, but what's valuable for each business will vary.
If you're not sure where to start, consider the questions that your customers ask you. In most cases, they're asking because they don't have the answer - and if certain questions crop up a lot, that's a sign you should try explaining more about it.
Don't be afraid to experiment. A successful inbound marketing program will regularly try out new kinds of valuable content to see what connects with their audience.
Looking for an Experienced Team to Help you with Your Inbound Marketing Program? We can Help! Inbound Marketing Services
Your brand should be consistent across all marketing channels. For most companies, this means properly identifying what they do, then communicating that to customers. Consider the following:
- What is the price range of the product or service you're trying to sell?
- What problem(s) can you help the customer solve?
- How do you actually relate to your audience?
- What kind of marketing tone best communicates what you're trying to say?
Customers should never be left to figure out what you do - a successful inbound marketing program will clearly communicate the most important details people need to know.
Your company should be marketing itself on a regular basis. Don't just write a few blogs and wait for customers to arrive - market as regularly as you can for as long as you can, and ideally, that's going to mean forever once you're seeing enough of a return on your investment that your advertising literally pays for itself.
Regular marketing is also good for SEO because search engines see websites with frequent updates as more relevant, and therefore deserving of a higher spot in the results.
That would be great all on its own, but regularly marketing to different keywords also expands the number of routes to your website and helps to catch a larger part of your potential audience
All four of these are necessary for a successful inbound marketing program. When you have a proper understanding of your audience, great content tailored to that audience, a consistent message on every channel, and regular efforts to find new customers (or draw past customers back to buy again), it won't be long before you start to see the success you've been looking for.
Thanks for stopping by,
Breezy Hill Marketing is a full-service Vermont marketing company providing Digital Marketing, Inbound Marketing, and Vermont Web Design services to customers in Vermont and throughout the United States. We work closely with customers to devise a strategy and build a marketing plan that fits their needs and goals.